Tuesday 20 May 2014

Engaging staff in CPD

Oh dear, this blog has been rather redundant hasn't it? Time has not been my friend in recent times but I have managed to find an inch of time and want to use it to discuss something i'm currently working on; Engaging staff in our CPD time.

As a service we take our CPD time as a team on location and use it to aid our learning however we like.  I have recently taken over charge of the sessions and have been trying to get an idea from the staff about what they feel their needs and interests in this area are.  Its been like getting blood out of a stone I tell ya! So i'm currently in the process of exploring why people aren't engaging with the process and how to give meaning back to it.  After discussions with a few colleagues, one of the issues that came up was the fact that the sessions are often not considered relevant by OTAs which I guess must disengage them.  Other components I am keen to explore include;
Using it as a way of tapping into people's areas of development in conjunction with their competencies.
Use of Social media for resources, CPD and PPI.
Use of Apps in OT.

So this is where I am up to at the moment and thanks to the #OTalk tonight I feel really inspired to drive this forward and make the most of the sessions. Let me know if you have any ideas to add.


No comments:

Post a Comment